Congratulations! Birth is an exciting time for you and your partner's life. At Bumbini, we strive to offer you the support and tools you need to create your best birth experience as you define it. That is why we are proud to offer birth pool rentals in Ottawa and the surrounding areas!
Benefits To Using A Birth Pool
Use of warm water during labor can reduce time in labor, increase comfort and result in fewer interventions. It has been shown that immersion in warm water that is deeper than the mother's abdomen is an extremely valuable relaxation tool. The following are some of the known benefits of a water labor and water birth:
- Provides significant pain relief
- Reduces the need for drugs and interventions
- Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies - encouraging an easier birth experience for mothers and a gentler welcome for babies
- Reduces blood pressure, by promoting relaxation and conserving mother's energy levels
- Can assist in speeding up labor
- Water facilitates mobility and enables the mother to assume any position which is comfortable for labor and birth
- Provides a feeling of control to the laboring mother
- Water births create your best birth experience as you define it.
Be sure to check out the following video:
Choosing home birth. It will provide information and a client's perspective on the option of birthing at home in Ontario with midwives. It includes information about how midwives work, their education and training, and research about the safety of home birth with midwives.
Preparing for a Home Birth. A step by step guide to ensure you are ready for your upcoming home birth.
How Does The Birth Pool Rental Work?
What Size Birth Pool Do I Need?
Are Birthing Pools Hygienic?
Absolutely. Each pool comes with a single-use, disposable pool liner. After each rental, the pools are thoroughly cleaned and wiped down with disinfectant. We provide with each rental a brand new filling hose, pool liner and faucet connector.