Bumbini is always looking to meet other amazing businesses such as Lowen's. The number one frustration among parents when diaper changing is dealing with diaper rash, that is until now, - thanks to Lowen's. I recently had the pleasure to talking with Founder and Ceo of Lowen's, Chad Zelensky.
Inspired by and named after their daughter, Lowen. After unsuccessful trials of commercially-available diaper rash treatments, they used their pharmaceutical knowledge and clinical experience to develop an innovative natural diaper balm using unconventional, unrefined locally-sourced ingredients.
1) Where is Lowen's located?
A family-owned and operated skin care company based in Calgary, Alberta.
2) Who is the creative mastermind behind Lowen products? What is your background?
Conceived by a veteran Pharmacist committed to using organic, fair-trade, and/or locally-sourced ingredients, Lowen’s creates unique skincare products that are safe, effective, long-lasting, and affordable.
3) What or Who has inspired you to create this brand?
After some experimentation, we developed a formula that resolved Lowen’s diaper rash within days and, with continued preventative use, the rash never came back. We knew other parents faced the same dilemma as we did and wanted to help them discover our product so that they, too, could prevent and treat diaper rash. With that lofty goal in mind, Lowen’s Natural Skincare was born. After launching this flagship product, through extensive research and tenacity, they expanded their product line to include a variety of other balms, lotions, cleansers, scrubs, and creams. Today, we continue to investigate and create new products to meet the needs of our customers.
4) What other things should parents know about Lowen's?
At Lowen's, our guiding principles are
- Safe for us = safe for you
- Cruelty-Free (not tested on animals nor use products that are tested on animals)
- Simplicity of ingredients
- Source sensibly (local, certified organic and/or fair-trade ingredients)
5) What can parents expect from the ingredients used in Lowen's products?
Lowen’s is devoted to using ingredients that are:
- Evidence Based – our products work and we have the peer-reviewed primary literature that explains why they work so well.
- High Quality – only the best, most effective and fresh ingredients are selected. You’ve hear of “farm to fork?” we follow a similar “farm to face” approach.
- Traceable – we investigate where our ingredients come from, what the parent plant(s) was/were, who farms it, how it’s harvested and processed.
- Uncomplicated ingredients – we use as few ingredients as possible and preferentially use ones in their unrefined form.
- Safe – prior to the formulation, each potential ingredient is researched and screened for toxicity then test formulations are trialed in-house prior retailing.
6) Can Lowen's products be used for skin sensitivities?
- Therapeutic – our skincare products help relieve skin conditions like severe dry skin, rashes, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Gentle – our products are gentle enough for everyday use for all skin types and age groups.
- Unscented – as a rule, our products do not have added scents (exceptions are our lip balms, shampoo, conditioner and salt scrub which are naturally scented with low concentrations of essential oils and/or plant extracts).
7) Are they affordable?
We believe high-quality, natural skincare products should not cost a fortune and we strive to keep our costs low – which we pass on to you.
8) Are the products animal-tested? Certified?
We are a PETA Certified Cruelty-Free Company, 94% of our products bear the EWG Verified™ mark, all products are listed in the EWG Skin Deep Database® as well as reviewed for efficacy by PürPicks
9) What exciting product have you recently launched?
We created a bebe box (includes 2 balms and a lotion). PLUS the box is print free as it's laser-etched and cut, meaning less waste, dye-free and as well as being adhesive-free, completely and safely compostable.
Thanks, Chad for telling us about Lowen's and it sounds like the bebe box is perfect for an upcoming baby shower or getting one for oneself.
And for a limited time, Chad, at Lowen's is also offering Bumbini customers 15% off Lowen's products (code:CLOTH15) at checkout. Head over to Lowen's, as you won't be disappointed.